1. Where were you born, and what year?
I was born In South Jersey in 1972 and lived on LBI.
2. Where do you live now and what is it like?
I currently live in Rockaway Beach. It's a Helluva town!
3. When & where did you start surfing & who influenced you to do so?
We lived on the beach so the whole family would raid our house in the summers.
My pop and uncle surfed and then it was the older cousins.
I was always in the water with them on Styrofoam belly boards and such. I
started surfing longboards with my best friend in the summer of 1988 and
haven't ever stopped. I always enjoyed cats like Tom Curran and Tudor and all
4. What was your first board?
My first board was a 6'8"Weber Performance Squareback. I still have it and surf
it when I can manage to get it water tight.
5. Who do you admire most in all of surfing?
Bob Simmons and his pals. They took surfboard design into the modern era. Plus
they surfed some really cold water in wool sweaters! The guys in Hawaii too.
They took the ancient boards directly, and copied and changed them as ideas and
limits were pushed. They surfed Way out reefs with no fins or leashes. We're a
bunch of wusses!
6. What are some of your favorites? ( color, food, drink, book, movie, musician,
Green is a good color. Fish Tacos and Good Rum! I'm off books a little, but a good history or sci-fi is entertaining.
7. What's your most memorable surfing moment to this day in your life.
Being able to travel to Hawaii. It was only for a short time, but it was great
to visit the Birthplace of surfing and see and surf a few of the spots I've
read about and seen in movies and pictures.
8. What is one of your most proud moments and why?
Meeting my Nephew the day he was born.
9. What are the goals you are still working toward?
goals in General?? God! Trying to keep up with Laundry!! In surfing though, I
really want to be a better tube rider.
10. What do you want more than anything out of your love for surfing?
I'd like to spend more time surfing with my girlfriend. That and being able to
surf when I'm an old geezer!!