1. Where were you born, and what year?
Oahu, Hawaii 1970
2. Where do you live now and what is it like?
I live on the Lower East Side of Manhattan in a small four floor walk up with my
wife and two cats and noisy neighbors upstairs.
I also have a share in rockaway which is a great escape from the hipsters
who've invaded the LES.
3. When & where did you start surfing & who influenced you to do so?
I started standing up when I was 16 years old on the Big Island. My influences
were my friends and especially my older brother because he initially took me
4. What was your first board?
It was a 6'4" locomotion.
5. Who do you admire most in all of surfing?
Shane Dorian because he charges.
6. What are some of your favorites? ( color, food, drink, book, movie, musician,
two boots pizza with red onion and sopressato
7. What's your most memorable surfing moment to this day in your life.
That would have to be 1987, Hapuna Point, barreled and spit out, my first real pit (standing up).
8. What is one of your most proud moments and why?
Winning the championship in the lower east side bar league softball. It was a classic Cinderalla story where we came from behind and won the whole
We were drunk for a week.
9. What are the goals you are still working toward?
Trying to eat a taco without it spilling on my shirt.
10. What do you want more than anything out of your love for surfing?
I want to just be able to surf as long as I'm alive. It's cheaper than therapy.