1. Where were you born, and what year?
Southampton, NY - March 2, 1976
2. Where do you live now and what is it like?
Briarwood, Queens - a stone's throw from the Van Wyck, in an Uzbeki neighborhood
3. When & where did you start surfing & who influenced you to do so?
Road K, Hampton Bays, NY circa 1988. My parents bought boogieboards for my
brother and I, to keep us occupied on the beach. One summer later, I was
standing up on the boog, and I never looked back.
4. What was your first board?
A 6'4" Instinct thruster with Sundown surf shop stickers lamenated under the
5. Who do you admire most in all of surfing?
6. What are some of your favorites? ( color, food, drink, book, movie, musician,
Book: You Shall Know Our Velocity by Dave Eggers, and anything by Hemingway,
Palahniuk, Nabokov or Kundera.
Movie: Sunshine, The Blueprint, Russian Ark, Underworld, Snatch...
Artist: Magritte, Caravaggio and Bosch.
7. What's your most memorable surfing moment to this day in your life.
Surfing a certain rock reef in Rhode Island with just one friend out, in perfect
oil-glass, overhead waves (pictures will follow).
8. What is one of your most proud moments and why?
Having Tim Curran call my hometown wave "really heavy" on a visit during a
9. What are the goals you are still working toward?
Have to find time to travel more for a greater variety of waves.
10. What do you want more than anything out of your love for surfing?
Travel, travel, travel.